The Director, Energy Services reports to the Managing Director, Americas, and is the business unit leader for Trilliant’s Smart Suite Metering Program. This includes business process managed services, and data operations, operational management, P/L accountability, leadership, and business development expertise in the delivery of AMI Smart Metering related products and services.
- Builds the business plan to expand a successful business based in Toronto regionally and internationally
- Gains executive approval and executes on the plan in partnership with Regional Managing Directors in Americas, EMEA and AsiaPac
- Regularly contribute to Trilliant’s strategic planning as a business owner.
- Promote and develop Trilliant’s Suite Metering program to new and emerging markets, build opportunities and expand customer base.
- Lead the Sales Operation for the Smart Suite Metering business. Manage the overall forecast.
- Oversight for day to day operations of Trilliant’s Smart Suite Metering Program. Ensure procedures, products, and services are clearly defined, are scalable, sustainable, and meet budgetary objectives.
- Lead the development and day to day operations of Trilliant’s business process outsourced suite metering business. Ensure outsourced services satisfy customer’s requirements and SLAs, are scalable, sustainable, and meet budgetary objectives.
- Present a positive image of Trilliant as a preferred service provider and partner to Utilities.
- Constantly evaluate and recommend changes as required to roles, responsibilities, efficiencies, and all operating facets of the business.
- Create and negotiate service level agreements to drive improved business performance.
- Ensure timely response to RFP’s, lead the development of proposals as necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Develop a strong rapport between team members and promote an understanding of roles, responsibilities, process and strengths.
- Assist the Managing Director in the preparation of divisional budgets, revenue targets and expense management and expand revenues and profitability of Smart Suite Metering.
- Assist Trilliant’s marketing department with development of materials in support of Smart Suite Metering.
- Negotiate and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations on behalf of Trilliant Energy Services Inc.
- Define staffing needs and hire, supervise and terminate personnel in accordance with Trilliant’s policies.
- Evaluate, review, and support all personnel in developing/setting goals and providing necessary support to achieve goals.
- Set priorities and define measurable metrics within each goal.
- Ensure staff receives proper industry training and education so they may effectively perform their duties.
- Minimum of 10 years’ management experience preferably within the Energy/Utility/AMI industry
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Energy industry
- Track record of building new business from selling, contracting and developing an operation
- International experience is a plus
- Excellent technical knowledge of AMI/Smart Grid systems, metering devices, metrological techniques and products
- Excellent knowledge of utility back office systems and meter-to-cash process
- Intermediate knowledge of data systems, database, and integration techniques and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Post secondary degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering
- Related work experience will also be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade and negotiate
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate team to achieve operational goals
- Competent understanding of Trilliant Smart Suite Metering products and hardware
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning for self and team
- Able to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing; prioritizing and coordinating work assignments for self and team
Please send resume to email@example.com and put the job title in the subject line. Thank you.