Job Location: Redwood City, CA, US
Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Trilliant is a fast-growing Silicon Valley cleantech company providing end-to-end wireless smart-grid solutions to utilities worldwide. Using advanced wireless networking technologies, Trilliant’s solutions help utilities to integrate renewable energy into the grid, make the grid more reliable, and give consumers more control over energy consumption.
The Network Administrator is primarily responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and installing computer applications and systems for Trilliant users. Provides network, server and PC support duties including troubleshooting of PC problems, application issues and server problems as well as installing updates and administration of network infrastructure. The network administrator interfaces with third party support and vendors and attends various meetings related to computer technology. The position’s primary directive is to maintain the Corporation’s computers and applications. The incumbent assists in researching, proposing and implementing new technologies and provides training, as needed.
- Provide first contact for technical support inquiries; providing ‘hands-on’ support for users requests for service; troubleshoots problems and develops solutions; makes minor repairs to equipment and arranges for other servicing needs.
- Manage local site Footprints ticketing administration
- Work closely with internal IT resources and third-party vendors in resolving hardware/software issues
- Provide network performance monitoring, reporting, and evaluation
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of end user applications and hardware platforms
- Assist in evaluating new hardware and software, advises users on hardware and software alternatives; recommends standards for selection of software
- Participate in the development of network design, standards, policies, and operational procedures
- Apply techniques to protect Trilliant data through physical security, anti-virus methods, and sound data backup and recovery skills
- Maintains onsite inventory and maintenance contracts for equipment and parts
- Participate in IT projects as required
- Trains users, keeps current on diversity of equipment and software in use
- Other duties as required to meet divisional objectives
- 5+ years experience with local and wide area network systems analysis
- 8+ years of IT related 1st and/or 2nd Level Help Desk Support
- Available on-call for support and problem resolution 24 x 7
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of new developments related to personal computers and networks
- Knowledge of a wide variety of application programs
- Training experience demonstrating application functionality in a group setting
- Proven experience in writing user guides and procedural documentation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Education & Certification
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field and 8+ years experience in personal computers and local and wide area network systems analysis; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
- 5+ years Cisco networking products (IOS, ASA, VPN Configuration, VLAN’s), CCNA preferred
- 5+ years Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory administration, MCSE preferred
- 5+ years Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) Administration, LAMP experience preferred
- 3+ years Microsoft Exchange configuration and support
- 3+ SAN Administration (EMC, Equalogic, Compellent)
- 3+ years VMware experience in a High Availability environment with Disaster Recovery, VCP preferred
- SAP support preferred
- Database (Oracle, MS SQL, MYSQL) support preferred
- Proven ability to identify and diagnose problems related to computer hardware and software and to find effective solutions
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to quickly acquire an in-depth knowledge of multiple custom applications
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, contractors, and the general public
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.