Job Location Concord, Ontario, Canada
Position Type Full-time/ Regular
The Network Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the RF Network including the daily analysis, coordination and execution of design, construction, and maintenance activities related to the RF Network (Access Points, Repeaters, Endpoints and telecommunications).
- Coordinate with Data Analysts and Project Management on network performance and required maintenance
- Perform statistical and spatial data analysis using GIS and RF simulation software to identify KPIs and performance trends, and propose improvement or mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Efficiently summarize and present data in periodic reports, presentations or performance dashboards
- Provide technical support for various Trilliant wireless mesh and p2p/p2mp solutions
- Perform Field Survey and RF signal measurements, and validate network hardware design assumptions in the field prior to construction
- Where required, perform remote and/or on-site repairs as well as preventative and reactive maintenance such as firmware upgrades, etc.
- Assist in continuous improvement of existing or creation of new business/technical processes
- You may be required to perform on-call duties, when assigned, to support network maintenance or other efforts across multiple time zones (depending on the project) during off-hours, which could include nights, weekends and holidays
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years in Telecommunications/IT/Wireless Networking
- Experience with 2.4 GHz or other mesh networks and LR-WPANs is a plus, as well as 5 GHz TDMA wireless systems (e.g. WiMAX)
- Experience with and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networking is an asset (CCENT/CCNA)
- Solid understanding of core Information Technology principles, basic electronics and antenna theory
- Familiarity with GIS for spatial analysis is preferred (ESRI products, MapInfo, Planet or similar)
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- This position may require occasional international travel – a valid passport(s) is a must
- Highly motivated, and able to work independently towards long-term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one’s own understanding of Trilliant’s hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the deployment of hardware components that make up an AMI network
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for the knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of the internal knowledgebase
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external customers regarding troubleshooting and technical support
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.